The CASS AC is the legislative body of the Institution and is empowered to formulate suitable rules, requirements and procedures for the admission, governance, management and control of the students, courses of study, recruitment and maintenance of qualified faculty, granting of degrees and certificates, and other internal affairs of the Institution necessary to meet the objectives of the Institution in accordance with the established policies of the Board of Governors (BoG).
Specific Roles and Responsibilities of the AC
The AC exercises the following specific roles and responsibilities:
- The maintenance of academic and quality standards within the Institution, and the planning, co-ordination, development of oversight, validation and review of the curriculum and all academic work of the Institution and advising the BoG on the resource implications of such planning
- The making of recommendations to the President relating to the academic structure and organization of the institution
- The making of recommendations to the President for the establishment of advisory committees as deemed necessary
- The oversight of all arrangements for teaching and research in the Institution
- The regulation of the academic conditions for the admission of students and their progression within the Institution
- The regulation of policies and procedures for assessment and examination of students within the Institution
- The approval of new degree programs within the Institution
- The approval of outreach degree programs internationally within the institution
- The development of teaching methods and courses
- The power to confer the Institution’s academic qualifications, prizes or other distinctions as may be agreed with the President and BoG
- The organization of facilities for research and scholarship and for the publication of papers relating thereto
- The giving of advice to the President on the arrangements for the appointment and promotion of teaching and research staff
- The exercise of functions relating to exclusion of students from courses of study for academic reasons and appeals against decisions of examination committees in accordance with the regulations of the Institution
- The fostering and maintenance of close connections with industry, commerce, the professions, higher education institutions, other educational establishments and research organizations
- The making to the President such reports and recommendations as the AC may consider appropriate on any academic and related matters.
- The exercise of any other functions which may be referred to it by the President.
Membership in the AC is by nomination among the Institution’s faculty members, students and persons external to the Institution. Members serve voluntarily for a five-year term. Members must have a postgraduate qualification and significant experience of academic governance.
Current members of the CASS AC are as follows:
Nominated Members Internal to the Institution:
- Prof. Edmond Passe (Chair)
- Prof. Ezer Yeboah Boateng
- Prof. Joseph Mensah
- Prof. Paul Jacobs
- Prof. Antonio C. Cremone
- Prof. Mathias Niyonzima (Vice Chair)
- Prof. Pascale Chemally
- Prof. Mila Dimitrova
- Prof. Ebenezer Malcalm
- Mrs.Wei Zhang (Secetary)
- 2 student members
Nominated Members external to the Institution:
- Prof. Alidou Ouedraogo, Université de Moncton, Canada
- Prof. Robert Taylor, School of East Asian Studies, the University of Sheffield, U.K.
- Prof. Muneesh Kumar, Faculty of Business, University of Delhi, South Campus, India.
- Prof. Osei K. Darkwa, Jane Adams College of Social Work, University of Illinois at Chicago, U.S.A.
- Prof. Fadil Citaku, The Academy of Leadership Sciences Switzerland, Zurich, Switzerland
- Prof. Dev Raj Adhikari, Dean of the Faculty of Management & Registrar, Tribhuvan University, Nepal
- Prof Johan Baeten, Universities of Leuven & Hasselt, Belgium.
- Prof. Sayeeda Bano, Waikato University School of Management, New Zealand.
- Prof. Batsukh Davaasuren, Business School, National University of Mongolia, Mongolia.
- Prof. Antenello Garzoni, Vice-Rector, Università Lum Jean Monnet, Italy.
- Prof. Hirasawa Katsuhiko, Faculty of Business Administration, Nihon University, Japan.
- Prof. Mohamad Hanapi B. Mohamad, Universiti Utara Malaysia, Malaysia.
- Prof. Miguel Santos Neves, Autonomous University of Lisbon, Portugal.
- Prof. Hermilio Santos, Pontifica Universade do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
- Prof. Christopher Stehr, German Graduate School of Management & Law, Heilbroon, Germany.
- Prof. Zhao Shuming, Former Dean, Nanjing University Business School, P.R. China.