Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Program
The overall objectives of this academic Bachelor’s program is to develop the students’ intellectual capacity, executive personality, and managerial skills in a way that enables them assume entry-level managerial positions in business and industry, public sector organizations, consultancy companies and other organizations. Graduates of the program may also choose to start their own entrepreneurial business ventures. In addition the program prepares students for Master’s degree studies in management. Successful completion of this International Business and Finance (IBF) program leads to the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) qualification which is awarded by CASS Europe. The BBA is an internationally known and respected qualification that provides opportunities for entry level managerial positions in business enterprises and other organizations.
The program will enable Students to:
- Use analytical and reflective thinking techniques to identify and analyze business problems, develop viable solutions, and make effective decisions.
- Apply appropriate quantitative and qualitative techniques in solving business problems.
- Demonstrate competency in the underlying concepts, theory and tools taught in the core curriculum.
- Identify and analyze relevant factors that influence decision-making in business.
- Develop viable alternatives and make effective decisions in an international business context.
- Effectively address important international and multicultural issues that impact business.
- Acquire skills and competencies in the field of international business and finance.
These objectives embrace academic proficiency of program participants, their comprehensive employability, and the development of the individual student’s personality. The objectives are achieved through an appropriate blend of general management, economics, finance, English and French language skills for business, as well as quantitative modules (representing different levels of knowledge) during the first and second years of the program. This is followed by advanced and specialized modules in Management, International Business, and Finance during the third and final year of the program.
The program is placed on level 6 of the European Qualifications Framework (EQF), 2012. It corresponds to the 1st Cycle of qualifications as defined by the Qualifications Framework in the European Higher Education Area, QF-EHEA, 2005. Total duration for completing the program on a full-time basis is three and a half (3.5) years which corresponds to a total of 210 ECTS credit points. Each semester of studies represents 30 ECTS credit points. The program is designed with an international and multi-cultural perspective in mind. The working language is English and it aims to draw participants from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds internationally. Program participants are required to either undertake three-month internship training in an organization or complete a three-month consultancy assignment for an organization. Participants who have a minimum of two years professional work experience are, however, exempted from this requirement. At the end of the internship (or consultancy assignment) the students are required to submit and orally defend the Bachelor’s thesis in a viva voce.