Master of Business Administration (MBA) Program
MBA Program Goals
With the increasing globalization of markets coupled with the information and communication technology (ICT) revolution more and more organizations are becoming acutely aware of the importance of efficient management of change as the basis for competitive advantage in the global marketplace. This is a one-year (two years for those enrolled on a part-time basis) academic program of study and research in General Business and Management (GBM) aims to prepare graduates for mid-career positions in private and public sector organizations (as well as non-governmental organizations) internationally. It has eight specialization areas (i.e. Global Business, Global Finance, Marketing in the Digit Age, Human Resources Management, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Supply Chain and Operations Management, ICT Management, Healthcare Management) and successful completion leads to the Master of Business Administration (MBA) qualification which is awarded by CASS Europe.
The MBA program goals are as follows:
- Graduates will be able to effectively diagnose and evaluate business problems accurately and provide the required motivation for cross functional teams to arrive at a suitable solution.
- Graduates will be able to successfully apply and integrate the functional areas of business to improve strategic decision making and actively carry out a rigorous pieces of original academic research.
- Graduates will have the ability to analyze complex management situations by managing information, applying qualitative and quantitative solutions and integrating information technology to improve decisions making and increase competitive advantage in an environment of rapid change.
- Graduates will be able to integrate and apply appropriate analytical tools of business for effective decision making.
- Graduates will have an effective appreciation of and will be able to successfully conduct business in a dynamic global environment.
- Graduates will demonstrate the necessary interpersonal and leadership skills necessary for lifelong career success, which reflect effective self-assessment, communication, and collaboration within an organization.
- Graduates will have effective communication skills to ethically synthesize complex business ideas.
Each of the indicated program goals are seen in terms of specific learning objectives which students become very familiar with as they progress through the learning process.
The program is placed on level 7 of the French and European Qualifications Framework (EQF), 2012. It corresponds to the Second Cycle of qualifications as defined by the “Dublin Descriptors” and the Qualifications Framework in the European Higher Education Area, QF-EHEA (2005). Total duration for completing the program on a full-time basis is one (1) year (two years for part-time enrollment) amounting to a total of 60 European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) points.
It provides participants with a broad-based higher management education and a good choice of specialization (8 in all). Program participants will be introduced to a range of new tools while developing the flair necessary to successfully manage and motivate people in today’s highly competitive global marketplace.