Master of Business Administration (MBA) Program
With the increasing globalization of markets coupled with the information and communication technology (ICT) revolution more and more organizations are becoming acutely aware of the importance of efficient management of change as the basis for competitive advantage in the global marketplace. This is a one-year (two years for those enrolled on a full-time basis) academic program of study and research in General Business and Management (GBM) which is aimed at preparing graduates for mid career positions in private and public sector organizations internationally. It has eight specialization areas (i.e. Global Business, Global Finance, Marketing in the Digit Age, Human Resources Management, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Supply Chain and Operations Management, ICT Management, Healthcare Management) and successful completion leads to the Master of Business Administration (MBA) qualification which is awarded by CASS Europe.
The objective of this academic Master’s program is to train students for leadership positions in private and public sector organizations internationally. The program provides students with the knowledge, skills and competencies for operating effectively and efficiently as strategic general managers in a variety of environments internationally. Graduates may also decide to pursue a professional doctorate in management leading to the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) qualification or an academic career by undertaking a program of study and research leading to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in management.
- Provides students with the analytical tools for developing business opportunities in the international market and also solving business and management problems in an efficient and effective manner.
- Develops students’ ability to think strategically, and to lead, motivate and manage teams in the international business environment.
- Enables students formulate an actionable international business strategy that is grounded in theory and practice from multiple business disciplines.
- Enables students apply leadership theory to analyze business and management situations, and develop theory-based recommendations.
- Enables students develop an understanding of teamwork and collaborative techniques that contribute to effective leadership and team work.
- Enables students demonstrate effective communication skills that support and enhance managerial effectiveness.
- Enables students demonstrate an ability to integrate theory and practice as well as expertise across functional areas of business and management.
- Enables students analyze the impact of global business issues on specific management situations.
- Enables students effectively carry out a rigorous piece of academic research leading to the MBA thesis.
The program is placed on level 7 of the European Qualifications Framework (EQF), 2012. It corresponds to the Second Cycle of qualifications as defined by the “Dublin Descriptors” and the Qualifications Framework in the European Higher Education Area, QF-EHEA (2005). Total duration for completing the program on a full-time basis is one (1) year (two years for part-time enrollment) amounting to a total of 60 European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) credits.
It provides participants with a broad-based higher management education and a good choice of specialization (8 in all). Program participants will be introduced to a range of new tools while developing the flair necessary to successfully manage and motivate people in today’s highly competitive global marketplace.